150 Employee Company Faced Out-of-Control Workers’ Comp Claims
- California-Based Premier Event Rental Company
- 150 Employees
- $8,500,000 Annual Payroll
- $1,200,000 Annual Workers’ Compensation Premiums
The client was plagued with high experience ratings due to multiple years of negative loss history combined with fraudulent claims and weak claims management. Simultaneously, the client was declined by standard insurance carriers, forcing them into the State Compensation Insurance Fund.
Insured had endured an inordinate amount of posttermination claims during the layoffs of the pandemic. High reserves were driving the rates to a severely unsustainable rate.
- Implemented operational loss controls and refined hiring practices while leveraging Bryson’s proprietary Risk Resolution Management Team to improve processing of any new losses.
- Reviewed clinics utilized for initial care, working directly with the clinics to control medical treatment, minimizing delays in proper care being provided and ultimately decreasing the life of the claim.
- Implemented return-to-work programs to reduce indemnity paid, effectively improving the loss ratios and future experience rating.
- Conducting a thorough review of the client’s open claims from prior terms, proper reserves were set or claims were closed, and a re-rate was requested and completed for previous incorrectly submitted Unit Stat filings.
AT A GLANCE
Bryson Financial leveraged its claims resolution team and advantage pricing to close claims and eliminate conflicts of interest with the compensation schedule.
Total annual savings equaled 58.28% or $680,000 in year one and an estimated added 42% or $1,000,000 in year two due to the insured’s past claims history.
Working with Bryson’s claims management team has been a game-changer for our company. Their expertise and dedication have helped us save a significant amount of money by effectively managing our claims. Their proactive approach and attention to detail have not only reduced our claim expenses, but also improved our overall risk management strategy. We are extremely grateful for their valuable guidance and highly recommend their services to any organization looking to save money and streamline their claims process.